Wouldn't it be great if all we had to do was feed our pupils chocolate? Perhaps more of them would be excited at the prospect of maths.
However, you won’t believe how enthusiastic your pupils can become Although we can’t just eat chocolate to improve, I have found a number of maths activities and resources which have served to re-ignite pupils’ interest in Maths and I am now planning to share these with a wider audience.
This is based on a year’s work with pupils who are operating at mainly Level 3/lower Level 4. Some of these pupils had lost some of their confidence and motivation, and most considered that they were inherently not as good at maths as at other subjects. This book will be the first in a series of books aimed at children and young people that steers them to maths activities that they will enjoy, and will help re-build their confidence in maths, and achieve higher grades.
You too can have this advantage
How? You can arrange for me to come to you for consultancy for yourself, a small group or INSET for the whole staff – showcasing ideas and resources which can be incorporated into the school day, or given to the pupils as extra activities to do at home.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to book a session or ask any questions.
Benefits for Pupils
· They are fun to do.
· There is more engagement than for tradition homework. In fact some pupils have spent many additional hours on these activities, and so have a much better grasp of number.
· Computer-based games where it is clear to parents that these are both fun and useful.
· Pen and paper-based games to engage the whole family.
Comments from pupils:
“Why haven’t you shown us this before, Miss?”
“Right! I’m going home to watch those!”
Benefits for your staff
· Knowing extra activities to include which will raise attainment.
· Knowing that pupils will enjoy in engaging with these activities and therefore will spend more time on task.
· Having activities to send home to do, which do not entail extra marking.
· Neither do these games and activities have to add to your marking of activities in school!
· I will bring and leave a PowerPoint presentation for use within your school with all the relevant information on it.
"At Bartley Green we work hard to ensure all our pupils make progress. I am extremely happy with the work Julia has done with pupils we identified as needing extra support in maths. We had Ofsted last year and the work done to support these pupils was highly praised. We will continue to use Julia's services and I can certainly recommend her to you."
Mrs Christine Owen OBE Head of Bartley Green School
Read my book for FREE!
I am so excited about it, and keen to help other pupils that I am unlikely ever to meet, that I am writing a series of books for them. The first one will tackle learning the tables, in ways that the pupils enjoy, deepen their understanding of the relationships between numbers and giving bonus information and activities.
“Enjoy learning your Times Tables!” (Part of the “Mad about Maths – with Web Links” series.)
From time to time Amazon UK will be making this free to download. For you and your pupils to download this free just send me your preferred email and I will let you know when it is available.
Book now As you can see on my website I have a limited number of days available for this this work.
To increase your chances of booking a session at a convenient date go now to the boxes below to agree a date, for this useful and fun-packed session.
How Much For This Amazing Session?
- Early Bird Booking As you can see on the site, my normal consultancy/INSET price is £200, but bookings taken and paid for before 4th April 2014 will be charged at £175.
Guaranteed benefit I am so sure that you will agree that the time I spend with you and/or your staff will be worthwhile that I am including a money-back guarantee if you feel I have not offered you good value.
I look forward to hearing from you and also to meeting you.